Sunday, July 12, 2009

We're back, baby!

After a long hiatus, it's time for more Twincy. @julielyda and I went to Duluth on Thursday, spent the day wandering the town, and then made our way down 35, visiting some of our majestic state parks along the way. EXPECT MANY PHOTOS, as I will try and milk this photogenic sucker for all it is worth.

_MG_3401

Here's a photo taken outside of Fitger's brewery, where we sadly did not get a chance to eat or drink, due to our horrifying poverty. Fitger's often hosts Charlie Parr and all his musical goodness, and they also sell beer by the growler.

_MG_3437

This is a picture from the bridge in Jay Cooke State Park. I've only been here once before, but it's easy to see why
@julielyda loves this park more than she loves me. 1. I am not a river, let alone a Minnesotan river. 2. I have no distinguishing rock features 3. State parks do not threaten her with a watery grave

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me I haven't visited either spot in years. Might have to make a day trip of it; I have an empty Fitgers growler needing to be filled.

    ReplyDelete