Monday, August 17, 2009

Skyline from Broadway

_MG_3735_6_7

HDR is a fascinating thing. I only discovered it about 6 months ago, and I enjoyed it so much that it can largely be credited with fueling the "Twincy Renaissance," as it is known in the fanciest-pantsiest of fine art circles. It's definately a valuable tool to have hanging off the ol' toolbelt, and can be used to create some stunningly beautiful photographs. Unfortunately, it can also be used to create horrific eye-abortions the likes of which the Good Lord himself could not forgive (comedy sidebar: it's watermarked!)

I was a tad bit apprehensive taking this shot out on Broadway, since I was informed that the area was kind of shady by @julielyda. She was quick to clarify "Like mugging-shady, not murder-shady" That put my mind at ease.

1 comment:

  1. True much of the HDR stuff out there is atrocious. Not that I'm an expert on this, but I do know enough to try to minimize halos and that sandpaper cartoon look.

    Been at that spot many times, not to worry. Remember that camera at the end of the strap can be pretty effective in self defense.

    ReplyDelete