Monday, August 31, 2009

State Fair postraveganza...on a stick

Statefair

It's time for the state fair! Everyone who lives in Minnesota inevitably returns there every year (not unlike spawning salmon) to see the sights, ride the rides, and FEAST. I didn't want to bring my camera there in the first place since neither my camera warranty nor my health insurance covers grease burns, but fortunately @julielyda convinced me.

_MG_3803

These people wanted to charge me 3 AMERICAN DOLLARS for a one way ticket on what is, in essence, a colorful ski lift.

_MG_3851

This is somewhere in the international bazaar, which is significant to me because it is adjacent to the Summit beer garden.

_MG_3827

It's the Brass Kings! I automatically approve of any band that consists solely of a washboard, washtub bass, and guitar.

State Fair

There are also apparently rides at the fair, which I cannot attest to, since I have never ridden them. If it costs money in the fair and I can't devour it, I am NOT INTERESTED.

Pert Near Sandstone

PERT' NEAR SANDSTONE was also there! EVERYONE should go and see them once in their life. Banjo? Check. Mandolin? Check. Clog Dancer? CHECK. They'll be at the Cabooze in a few short weeks, and it will be delightful. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CITIZENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment